How To Use Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color
Getting Ready To Color
Read the Instructions provided in the box thoroughly before use.
- Complete the skin allergy test 48 hours before each application.
- Wear the plastic GLOVES (included in the box).
- Cover shoulders with a TOWEL or CAPE.
- Be sure hair is clean and free of styling product build-up.
- To prevent staining, apply COLD CREAM around your ears, hairline and the nape of your neck.
- Pour desired amount of Bigen Powder into NON-METALLIC BOWL or CUP. Add room-temperature TAP WATER (DO NOT use hot or boiling water) using the measuring tray included in the box. Mix well with a BRUSH to make a homogeneous paste.
- Pour Bigen powder into a non-metalic bowl and add water (see table). Mix well.
- Quickly apply mixture on dry hair with brush. Note: Application and waiting time should not exceed 40 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo thoroughly.
|1 Bottle||Fill with water to the "FULL" Line.|
|½ Bottle||Fill with water to the "½" Line.|
|¼ Bottle||Fill with water to the "¼" Line.|
Begin the application
- Quickly apply the mixture on dry hair.
- If you are partially gray haired, start application where the hair is most gray.
- Comb through the hair to ensure every hair-strand is thoroughly covered with mixture.
- Wait 15 to 30 minutes.
- Check color development several times by wiping a strand of your hair with a cotton ball or paper tissue to adjust your developing time. Once desired color is obtained, proceed to rinse your hair.
- Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water until water runs clear.
Shampoo and Condition
- Use a mild acid shampoo and conditioner to bring hair back to a natural weak-acid state. Bigen's Protect & Repair Shampoo and Conditioner is recommended.
- Conditioner for color-treated or damaged hair is recommended.
How to measure properly
- Bigen is powder hair color. Usually, a whole bottle (0.21 oz.) is required to cover short to shoulder-length hair. For shorter hair, you can save the unused portion of the bottle for future touch-ups.
The amount of water you need for the mixture is determined by to the amount of powder you would like to use.
Follow the instructions on the leaflet included in the box to measure properly.